Thursday, May 2, 2013

Whole 30 Day 3 -Orange Cream Smoothie, Curry Baked Tilapia, Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms

So far, this is the best day yet. 

I started off with a walk and smoothie, and remembered my vitamins. Everyone seems to benefit when the babies, the puppy and I get out in the fresh air and sunshine first thing in the morning. 

I got through teaching my kids with no problems, cleaned my house, and have been taking the rest of the day easy. I had a quick bit of real food after the schooling was done, before getting back to the work of the household. Laundry to wash, babies to potty train. The usual. 

Doing some school


After talking this over with D, I have decided that this plan is too restrictive for me. I've taken to eating many more animal products than I'm comfortable with.

I will continue to strive for whole foods, less refined carbs, less dairy. But I will have to add in grains and legumes for a balanced diet. 


My Whole 30 turned out to be a Whole 3. I'm ok with that. I'm on the same path, moving at a slower pace. 

Breakfast:
Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie minus the greens. My blender is as old as I am, and not so powerful. 

First lunch:
Leftover veggie country stew (recipe to follow in tomorrow's post)

Second lunch:
Asparagus, red onion, garlic, mushroom scramble topped with fresh tomato-balsamic sauce
Lunch and bad photography


Snack: 
Orange Cream Smoothie (recipe follows)

Dinner: 
Curry Baked Tilapia (recipe follows)
Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms (recipe follows)
Orange Cream Smoothie


the juice of 2 oranges-approximately 1 cup
4 TBS coconut cream or milk
splash vanilla extract (ideally vanilla paste or scraped vanilla bean, if you have it)
Ice

Place all ingredients in blender jar. Blend until smooth. 

Curry Baked Tilapia

Tilapia fillet
Curry powder
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Place tilapia in shallow baking dish. 
Sprinkle with curry powder. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. 
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes.

Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
1/2 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered
1/4 cup sliced red onions
Drizzle olive oil
salt and pepper

Toss veggies with oil, salt and pepper.
Spread in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes, until just tender. 
Serve alongside fish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment