Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oreo Rice Krispie Treats


These are so much better than I expected. They have opened up a whole new world of treatdom to me. Expect LOTS more treat-based recipes from the Strawberry Mama in the near future.
This is a super fast and easy snack. I let the kids help. My 5yo broke up the cookies while my 8yo stirred the marshmallows. We took turns stirring and pouring and I did most of the eating in secret so they would catch me and demand some of my coveted yumminess.

1 package oreos
1/4 cup (half stick) butter
1 bag mini marshmallows (or regular)
3 cups (or so) Krispies

Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
Break cookies into quarters. Set aside.
In a large pot, over low heat, melt butter and marshmallows. Stir continuously until marshmallows are just melted. Remove from heat.
Immediately stir in cookies and krispies. Work fast, especially if it's cold in your kitchen. These set up quickly. You want the mixture to be a little on the dry side. If your marshmallow goop is still goopey, add a little more cereal. Be sure to coat every crumb.
Turn into pan. Press gently with damp hands. Let cool on counter, then chill in fridge one hour. Cut into squares and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment