Wednesday, July 25, 2012

30 Second Chocolate Sauce


When I made my 2 Minute Fudge Frosting a few days ago, I had the idea to put it on cookies. I always keep a package of animal cookies around for quick toddler snacks. The rich, creamy chocolate flavor was just begging to be a cookie dip.

This afternoon, while the kids were having their snack, I threw together an even quicker, dippier version of the frosting. It's thin and saucy, and -if possible- a little bit richer.

Let's face it. When you need chocolate, 2 minutes is 1 and half minutes too long.

I've spent the rest of the evening thinking of delectable applications for this simple sauce. Fresh strawberries with whipped cream. Pancakes. Apple slices. Granola and yogurt. PB toast. Oatmeal cookies. Peach slices. Cherries. Hot oatmeal. Waffles. Ice cream. Blueberries and cream. Yogurt-berry parfait.
Endless possibilities

2 TBS cocoa powder
2 TBS powdered sugar
2 TBS + 2 tsp melted coconut oil
Small pinch sea salt

Place all ingredients in a small bowl and beat with a fork until smooth. Serve as a dip or a sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment